Judaism helps us connect to the mind, body and soul. Everything on this page is a collection of resources created by members of the Jewish community around the country or created by The Blue Dove Foundation.
We hope you find them helpful for your work. If you have anything you’d like to suggest is added to the collection, please emails us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The Blue Dove Foundation does not support or endorse programs, books or anything else not created by our team. We leave it up to each individual to decide what speaks to them.
- QuietingTheSilence: Hanukkah – thoughts from the Blue Dove Foundation President on being a Shamash
- 8 Nights of Hanukkah Gratitude Worksheet
- Hanukkah Recovery Insights–8 Nights Of Light & Healing
- 8 Ways to Turn Darkness into Light
- Miracle of Fire – The Human Potential Movement celebrates the power of man. Chanukah celebrates the power of the Divine.
- Mental Health Tashlich
- The Blue Dove Foundation High Holiday Guide
- Who Shall Live and Who Shall Die: Reflections on Mental Health for Rosh Hashannah
- On Roshannah it is Written, On Yom Kippur it is Sealed
- On Brokenness and Becoming Whole in the New Year: How the Jewish Community is Confronting Mental Illness and Addiction
- Physical and Mental Health During the High Holy Days
- Elul 27: Extending a Hand
- NAMI Rosh Hashannah Sermon
- NAMI Yom Kippur Sermon
- Haggadahs and Activities
- Mental Health Shabbat Resources – host or attending a Shabbat dinner using these resources
- Mental Health Shabbat Ritual Alternative Text
- Suicide Awareness in the Jewish Community, a blog post resource of the JCFS Chicago for Suicide Prevention and Awareness Month in September 2020
- Visiting a Shiva after a Suicide
- You Are Not Alone, Support for Those in the Jewish Community and Beyond Grieving Death by Suicide
Jewish Prayers and Healiinig
- Mi Sheberach Prayers for Healing – several different variations including mental health and for those in recovery
- Mindful Eating – tips and tricks to eat your meal with mindfulness
- Gratitude E-card – sending notes of love and gratitude help boost mental health and overall well-being for the sender and receiver.
- Mikveh Immersion for Recovery – email us for a version of this immersion ceremony that was created in partnership with the Metro Atlanta Community Mikveh.
- This immersion is a wonderful way to celebrate a yearly recovery anniversary.
- Healthy Mind Pursuits by the Foundation for Jewish Camps – developed originally for camp professionals
- The Suicidal Parent’s Guide for Raising a Child
- The One Thing Getting Me Through My Suicidal Thoughts & Depression
- Rabbi Akiva the Psychologist: Using Traditional Jewish Teachings to Conquer Anxiety
- Watch one Rabbi’s mental health story and connecting mental health and Judaism.
- Torah & Mental Health – by Rabbi Joseph S. Ozarowski, D. Min., BCC from JCFS Chicago
- Opinion: We Need to Be Trained in Responding to Mental Illness
- ROARING DRUG EPIDEMIC IN OUR COMMUNITY: 3 Weeks, 32 Overdoses And Endless Tears
- 13 Reasons Why and What We Should Do About It
- What About the Jewish Prayer for Those with Mental Illness?
- Judaism and Mental Illness
- How Judaism Saved Me From My Anxiety
Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- #QuietingTheSilence: Personal Stories
- Share your own personal story, click to learn more.
- Releasing the Bounds of Shame: Recovery from Mental Illness and Cybersex Addiction
- Don’t Tell Me To Relax
- Bite Size Torah For Your Shabbat Table – Bereshit: Inspired by the teachings of Rabbi Shalom Rosner
- Mishkan R’fuah: Where Healing Resides
- Mishkan Aveilut: Where Grief Resides
- And God Created Recovery: Jewish Wisdom to Help You Break Free From Your Addiction, Heal Your Wounds, and Unleash Your Inner Freedom
- Recovery―The Sacred Art: The Twelve Steps as Spiritual Practice (The Art of Spiritual Living)
- Recovery, the 12 Steps and Jewish Spirituality Paperback
- God of Our Understanding: Jewish Spirituality and Recovery from Addiction
- Handbook of Torah and Mental Health
- Parenting in a Pandemic Guide
- Gratitude Gardening – a facilitator guide to walk a group of elementary children through several gratitude exercises.
- Jewish Teen Wellness Resources – Jewish Teens Thrive a project of the Jewish Teen Education & Engagement Funder Collaborative
- BBYO Center for Adolescent Wellness – Youth-serving organizations offer welcoming and inclusive environments where young people feel safe to share their emotions and feelings. These are ripe environments for promoting adolescent wellness.