About the Summit
This program will provide a unique in-person/virtual experience for young girls (ages 8-11) and a key female figure in their lives, comprising hands-on personal and emotional experiential learning, understanding and de-stressing. The goal is to create a space where girls can begin to understand the idea of stress from a young age and learn how to cope with it through open communication with both friends and the main female adult in their lives.
The Summit is designed for the unique needs of women and girls. Those who go through this program will have opportunities to engage in deep, intimate, tough conversations with their peers as well as the individual they came with. This will allow them to gain a better understanding of themselves, their peers and their communities.
The conversations will focus on the social and emotional well-being — both physical and spiritual — of the women and girls in attendance. We will touch on Judaism’s connection to these topics but also break the ideas down in a way everyone can understand easily.
- Participants will be able to…
- Explain the difference between stress and anxiety, and talk about how they experience and cope with stress.
- Engage in open communication with friends and with their (adult-female) partner.
- Identify a specific person they feel comfortable turning to when they need support in dealing with stress.
- Identify the kinds of friends they have and describe how types of friendships can change during our lifetimes.
- Name the qualities they need in a friend and the qualities they bring to a friendship.
- Describe the characteristics of what goes into being a “mensch” (Jewish term for an honorable, good person).
- List their character strengths as well as those of their partner, and explain how they each use these strengths.
The curriculum can be licensed and presented by your facilitators as often as you’d like or you can bring in a Blue Dove Foundation facilitator to host the workshops. Materials can be purchased from the Blue Dove Foundation at an additional cost. Email us at email@example.com for more information.
The Summit is currently available as a virtual program consisting of two 1.5 hour virtual wrokshops.
We’re proud to be supported by a grant from the Jewish Women’s Fund of Atlanta for the development of this curriculum and program.