The Jewish Community is extremely lucky to have a growing list of Jewish mental health and addiction resources across the globe. Resources include inpatient and outpatient treatment facilitators in addition to emotional and spiritual support for individuals and educational resources for individuals and organizations.
Learn about the different resources by visiting the different tabs below.
If you’re aware of a resource that should be added to the list, please email email@example.com.
- T’shuvahCenter – T’Shuvah Group is geared for people fighting substance abuse, or anyone who has had a history of fighting substance abuse. All are welcome.
- Communities Confronting Substance Abuse – Communities Confronting Substance Abuse, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded with the goal of creating stigma-free Jewish communities through awareness, education and programming regarding substance misuse and addiction.
- SUPPORT GROUPS for loved ones of those suffering from substance misuse or addiction is now being held online.
- Jewish Discussions About Grief and Mourning Facebook Group
- JProactive – Breaking Stigmas | Awareness | Education | Community
- Mental Health in the Jewish Community Facebook Group
- OKclarity – Jewish therapist directory + community
- Our Jewish Recovery exists to support Jews in recovery, and their loved ones, and to help us all find experience, strength, and hope. We welcome Jews dealing with any and all addictions, Jewish educators looking to understand addiction and bring recovery to their communities, and our Jewish and non-Jewish allies who wish to share the journey of recovery with us. We have a thriving Facebook community, a weekly Recovery Torah study, online Jewish recovery meetings, and much more in the works. Contact Rabbi Ilan Glazer for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org and join our online community.
- Refuat Hanefesh – Refuat Hanefesh hopes to create a Jewish community that is more aware, respectful, & empathetic to people living with mental illness.
- Shalom Taskforce – combat and prevent domestic violence and foster healthy and safe relationships and families. STF focuses its work in the Jewish community, to help those that may not have access to traditional services and need culturally sensitive programming. Shalom Task Force believes everyone has the right to be safe in their relationship and family.
- VIRTUAL Jewish Recovery Programming held in partnership with JACS, Our Jewish Recovery, and The T’Shuvah Center – These meetings are open to Jews across the country who want to meet and discuss. Meetings take place on different days and at different times.
- VIRTUAL Family Support Group for Loved Ones of People in Recovery Mondays at 5pm EST
- Achiezer – Achiezer is a unique organization, which combines the strengths of all existing communal resources along with its own formidable capabilities. Achiezer spearheads and coordinates the many different aspects involved in assisting individuals and families confronted by challenges, from start to finish.
- Aleph Institute – The Aleph Institute, founded in 1981 at the express direction of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, provides crucial financial, emotional and spiritual assistance to thousands of shattered families – helping them persevere through extraordinary crises – while providing support for their loved ones in prison and mental institutions. Aleph’s benevolent mandate also encompasses spiritual assistance to thousands of soldiers in the United States Armed Forces across the globe.
- Bamidbar – BaMidbar Wilderness Therapy guides Jewish young adults on individualized journeys of self-discovery and healing. Through nature-based therapy, BaMidbar is a stepping stone to independent, healthy, adulthood.
- Elijah’s Journey – A Jewish Response to the Issues of Suicide Awareness and Prevention.
- Here Now – a teen-driven mental health conversation.
- JACS (through The Jewish Board) is a mutual-aid support network for Jews in recovery, their loved ones, and those who may be still struggling with addiction. We offer in-person community-based services and spiritual care in the metro-new york area, including holiday events, Spiritual Days, and a Shabbaton-style Spiritual Retreats, as well as remote supportive services for Jews all around the country (referrals, crisis-intervention, community-connection, etc). Additionally, we provide training to Jewish organizations on substance misuse and mental health, cultural competency training to those in the field of recovery, and preventive educational services. Contact the JACS office or Shoshana for more information: email@example.com.
- Jewish Survivors Forum – a community of survivors of sexual abuse from all walks of Judaism, who come together on the platform to share, vent, learn, and support each other.
- MASK – Mask’s mission is to ensure that all parents/caregivers in the Jewish community receive the resources necessary to help raise emotionally healthy families.
- Refa’enu – an organization dedicated to increasing awareness in the Jewish community about depression and related disorders and their management.
- RUACH Support – RUACH connects Jewish care providers to individuals in need, looking to make emotional and spiritual support more accessible.
- Collat Jewish Family Services in Birmingham – CJFS enhances quality of life and strengthens independence for individuals and families, with a primary focus on older adults, by providing exceptional support services in accordance with Jewish values.
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service – Jewish Family and Children’s Service is a non-profit, non-sectarian 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to strengthening the community through quality behavioral health social services, and primary medical care to children, families and adults. Our approach to care is based on traditional Jewish values, but that does not mean we only serve Jewish families. We provide quality services to people of all faiths that helps strengthen families, resolve conflicts and cope with everyday living.
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services of Southern Arizona – At Jewish Family & Children’s Services (JFCS), we believe in healing with world with loving-kindness. Our specialized counseling offers hope and healing to people who are dealing with anxiety, depression, family conflicts, loss of a loved one, and other life issues. Person-centered therapy helps heal children and adults who have lived through traumatic events.
- Bay Area Jewish Healing Center – The Bay Area Jewish Healing Center provides spiritual care and support services to anyone who in need, regardless of affiliation or financial resources.
- Beit T’Shuvah – Beit T’Shuvah is a residential addiction treatment center that saves lives through a comprehensive program of Jewish spirituality, psychotherapy, and the 12-Steps in a caring, community setting.
- Chabad Treatment Center – Since opening in 1972, Chabad Residential Treatment Center has successfully treated thousands of suffering from substance abuse and Dual-diagnosis issues.
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services (San Francisco) – As the problem-solving center for residents of San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Santa Clara, and San Mateo counties, we are a lifeline for children, families, and older adults facing personal crises or challenges. Whether it’s help for a major life transition or support for other challenges, JFCS is here for you. We have over 40 programs, including home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and much more.
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Long Beach & West Orange County – Serving Long Beach and 22 surrounding cities, we help seniors to live with dignity and age safely in their homes. We offer safety and support for victims of domestic violence and their families. We provide children with counseling, art, and play therapy to help them succeed in relationships and at school.
- Jewish Family and Community Services (East Bay) – Rooted in Jewish values and historical experiences, and inspired by the strengths of the diverse communities we serve, JFCS East Bay promotes the well-being of individuals and families by providing essential mental health and social services through every stage of life.
- Jewish Family Service LA – Jewish Family Service LA is a trusted source of support. We are a comprehensive network of services that welcomes individuals and families of all ages and identities to our full spectrum of care. Our highly trained staff and volunteers work closely with individuals and their loved ones to problem-solve and guide them on their paths to safety, security, wellness, and fulfillment. JFS Care is a branch dedicated to elder home care.
- Jewish Family Service of Santa Barbara – Jewish Family Service, a department of the Jewish Federation of Greater Santa Barbara, is dedicated to strengthening the quality of life for individuals and families throughout their life. Jewish Family Service offers a wide range of professional counseling and support services, without regard to religion, race, ethnicity, or disability.
- Jewish Family Service of San Diego – Jewish Family Service is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego. We are one of San Diego’s most impactful non-profit human services agencies. Our broad network of staff, volunteers, supporters, and community partners are committed to the pursuit of one shared goal: helping individuals and families in San Diego Move Forward.
- Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley – Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley and the Board are committed to continual growth to ensure that children, adults and families in our community have access to affordable and meaningful professional services. Everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
- Teen Talk App by Jewish Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Los Angeles – Teen Talk is a free mobile app that helps teens take control of their social and emotional health by providing an easy way for them to get help from the group of people they trust most: their peers.
- RELIEF Los Angeles – Relief provides referrals for callers seeking an appropriate mental health clinician for themselves or a loved one.
- Bamidbar – BaMidbar Wilderness Therapy guides Jewish young adults on individualized journeys of self-discovery and healing. Through nature-based therapy, BaMidbar is a stepping stone to independent, healthy, adulthood.
- Elaine and James Schoke Jewish Family Service of Fairfield County – Our mission is to sustain families and individuals through all of life’s challenges and build strong, healthy communities.
- Jewish Family Service (Fairfield) – Jewish Family Service provides a wide variety of social services to the area’s community. Our licensed and accredited agency offers the following comprehensive programs. Services include adoption, senior care, child mentoring, counseling, and community wellness programs.
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Hartford – JFS Hartford operates through serving the Jewish community AND the community at large; helping individuals and families progress toward emotional well-being, self-reliance, and more positive relationships; focusing on counseling, supporting daily living skills, and meeting basic human needs; and providing a safe and supportive environment.
- Jewish Family Service of Greater New Haven – Jewish Family Service of Greater New Haven (JFSGNH) strengthens and improves individual, family, and community life by providing a wide range of social and human services to people in the community at every life stage, especially those who are vulnerable, poor, and disadvantaged, and without regard to race, ethnicity, or religion. The agency is guided by the moral and ethical values of Judaism in its policies, programs, and services.
- Jewish Family Service of Delaware – JFS provides services without regard to religion, race, socio-economic status, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability or special need. Services include therapeutic counseling, senior care, youth advocacy, and family support.
- Alpert Jewish Family Service of Palm Beach County – Our services address the well-being of children and families, the independence and well-being of older adults, and the optimal quality of life for individuals with special needs. These services include psychiatry; counseling; case management and care coordination; guardianship; a companionship program; domestic abuse services; support groups; specialized services for Holocaust Survivors and premier residential programming for adults with special needs.
- Goodman Jewish Family Services of Broward County – Goodman JFS is dedicated to empowering individuals, strengthening families, protecting the vulnerable and helping seniors age safely and with dignity in their homes by providing innovative social services and programs to the Broward community. Our work is based on Jewish values to improve quality of life regardless of race, religion, ethnic background or sexual orientation.
- Gulf Coast Jewish Family and Community Services – Gulf Coast JFCS programs are as diverse as the individuals who benefit from them. Collectively, our services meet the complex needs of today’s families, senior citizens, vulnerable children, and persons needing assistance because of behavioral or mental health issues. We seek collaborative partner opportunities wherever feasible, understanding that the community benefits when costs are contained and services leveraged.
- Jewish Community Services of South Florida – By partnering with our funding agencies, sister organizations and local leaders, JCS continuously strengthens and solidifies its outreach and its impact. In this way, JCS continues to be a beacon of help, healing and hope as it addresses current needs with these three divisions: 1) children and youth services; 2) adult and family services; 3) senior support services.
- Jewish Family & Community Services (Jacksonville) – Our programs and services provide a broad range of social services through child welfare, older adults, DuPont counseling, adoptions, and Holocaust memorials.
- Jewish Family & Community Services of the Suncoast – Our services include youth services, aging services, mental health counseling, Jewish healing, veteran support, and family services.
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Orlando – We aim to move lives from crisis to stability by taking a holistic approach in assisting those in need and providing a variety of wrap-around services. Our programs cover four core areas: 1) hunger; 2) mental and emotional stability; 3) homelessness prevention; 4) aging/end of life.
- Jewish Recovery Center – a key resource for Jewish addicts in recovery, their families and the recovering Jewish community in Palm Beach County.
- Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services – Since 1979, Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services (JFS) has offered help, hope and humanity through our comprehensive range of programs and services which support people of all ages and beliefs. Programs and services include food & financial assistance, senior services, counseling & mental health services, career & employment services, family & children’s services and many volunteer opportunities. JFS is a branch dedicated to senior home care.
- Tampa Jewish Family Services – Our services include community food bank, support services, financial assistance, a psychological and social wellness center, and a support network for women diagnosed with cancer.
- Atlanta Area Recovery Meetings (suspended until further notice)
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Tuesdays, 8:00pm at Temple Kehillat Chaim, 1145 Green Street, Roswell, GA 30075
- Sundays, 5:30pm at Chabad Intown, 730 Ponce de Leon Place NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
- Wednesdays, 6:00pm
- Congregation B’Nei Torah, 700 Mount Vernon Highway NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
- Families Anonymous
- Mondays, 7:15pm
- Temple Beth Tikvah, 9555 Coleman Road, Roswell, GA 30075
- Sex Addicts Anonymous
- Sundays, 5:30pm at Chabad Intown, 730 Ponce de Leon Place NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- AgeWell Atlanta – AgeWell Atlanta is a collaborative partnership created to help older adults and caregivers navigate the aging process. We provide: guidance, information and referrals, support for older adults who wish to age-in-place and coordinate programs and services for a wide spectrum of ages and abilities. AgeWell Atlanta serves all people in our community regardless of their faith, race, or nationality.
- The Berman Center – The Berman Center, a CARF-accredited Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), and Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) helps individuals (18+) and adolescents (14-18) suffering from mental health, substance abuse, and/or co-occurring disorders to find a path forward to a more complete, spiritual, healthy, and balanced life.
- CHIP Georgia – Resources provided by a Georgia Coalition in which public, private and non-profit agencies, and faith communities work collaboratively to assure that every person, family, and community in Georgia have meaningful access to the full range of information and services related to mental and addictive illness.
- Derech Transitional Living – Derech Transitional Living provides a supportive living environment for Jewish men and women ages 21-35 who are on a committed path to recovery as they continue on their journey through treatment and adopting a sober lifestyle.
- HAMSA Helps (a program of JF&CS Atlanta) – HAMSA (Helping Atlantans Manage Substance Abuse) provides support, resources, and strategies for those seeking help and in recovery. We are working hard to dispel myths about addiction and eliminate the shame so often felt by those struggling with addiction and their families. Through a Jewish lens, HAMSA offers information and referral services, Narcan education and supply, sober holiday celebrations and gatherings, Jewish Sensitivity Training for treatment providers and expert clinical support. Call us today. 1-833-HAMSA-HELPS.
- Jeff’s Place – In everlasting memory of Jeff/Moshe Krausa, Jeff’s place offers individuals a place to connect, recharge and create community. This gathering space and cafe in downtown Atlanta hosts different Jewish recovery meetings weekly. Programs focused on the recovery community will utilize Jeff’s Place to meet and cultivate relationships with each other and cultivate their connection to their higher power. Jeff’s Place will nurture the key ingredients for recovery and will surely be a resource and a literal life-saving space. Individuals are invited to stop in for a lunch break complete with Kosher food from the Café and an unbeatable view of Atlanta’s skyline and BeltLine.
- Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) – JF&CS offers programs and resources to transform lives. Guided by Jewish values, we are a welcoming community, and our experienced professionals bring integrity and compassion to their work in the fields of aging and older adults, career counseling, dentistry, mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and need-based support services.
- Metro Atlanta Community Mikvah – The mission of the Metro Atlanta Community Mikvah (MACoM) is to provide a safe, sensitive, welcoming, halachic and aesthetically beautiful environment for Jewish ritual immersion and conversion, allowing for ongoing fulfillment of spirituality, Torah awareness, healing and wellness. MACoM has several Mikvah immersions including ceremonies for recovery, healing and gratitude.
- Jewish Community Services – JCS is a volunteer organization guided by traditional Jewish values of tikkun olam–repair the world and gemilut chasidim–acts of loving-kindness.
- JF&CS Chicago – The goal of JCFS Chicago’s addiction services is to ensure that Jewish individuals and their families who are impacted by addiction find support within the Jewish community and receive education on treatment resources. We address specific needs of Chicago’s Jewish community and reflect best practices in the addiction prevention and treatment fields.
- Maggie’s Place – Maggie’s Place is a wellness center at Mishkan Chicago dedicated to building community through a holistic approach to wellness – social, spiritual, mental and emotional – through learning, leadership opportunities, social community, and access to social services and resources.
- No Shame On U – No Shame on U is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to eliminating the stigma associated with mental health conditions and raising awareness in the Jewish community and beyond. Our goal is for the people who need help to seek it, for family members and friends to know how to provide proper support and to save lives.
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Indianapolis – Jewish Family Services (JFS), the Social Services Department of the Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis, offers a continuum of multi-generational services that enhances the health, well-being, and dignity of families and older adults in our local community. Services are available to persons directly or through a network of community agencies dedicated to the needs of each client, regardless of religion, race, nationality, ethnic group, or income level.
- Jewish Family Services – Based on our values, Jewish Family Services provides outreach, educational and senior adult services, as well as financial assistance.
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City – JFS provides a breadth of related services, with the goal of helping people in difficult times get back on their own feet. Our service areas include Kesher KC, Older Adult Services, Mental Health Services, Family Life Education, and Chaplaincy.
- Jewish Family & Career Services (Louisville) – Our dedicated professional staff provide services in the areas of Career Services, Counseling Services, Family Strengthening, Jewish Life, Klein Older Adult Services, and the Navigate Enterprise Center.
- Jewish Family Service of Greater New Orleans – Our programs and services focus on providing accessible and affordable mental health care, case management, teen suicide prevention, and special services for the Jewish community.
- Michael Klahr Jewish Family Services – Currently closed to the public. Michael Klahr Jewish Family Services (KJFS) continues to proudly serve the Jewish Community and to reach out to those in need throughout Southern Maine. Our programs are designed to meet compelling, immediate needs in ways that demonstrate the commitment to gemilut chasadim (acts of loving kindness) in the service of tikkun olam (repairing the world).
- Jewish Community Services Baltimore – Through the programs and services of Jewish Community Services, families and individuals will be supported in meeting basic needs for economic sufficiency; in living independently; in achieving mental health and competence; and in feeling supported by and connected to the Jewish community in ways that are meaningful to them.
- RELIEF Baltimore – Relief provides referrals for callers seeking an appropriate mental health clinician for themselves or a loved one.
- Shalom Tikvah – Shalom Tikvah is a non-profit organization that supports Jewish families facing mental illness and other challenging life circumstances by providing intensive services to promote individual and family healing.
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services Boston – Through an integrated portfolio of more than 40 programs reaching communities throughout Eastern and Central Massachusetts, JF&CS focuses on meeting the needs of new parents and their children, older adults and family caregivers, children and adults with disabilities, and people experiencing poverty, hunger, or domestic abuse.
- Jewish Family Service of Metrowest – Jewish Family Service of Metrowest (JFS) is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to standing up for those left behind and provides services to over 5,000 people in need within the Metrowest and Greater Boston regions each year, including extended day academic support for low income children, nutrition and basic family assistance for struggling families, citizenship and immigrant programs and geriatric care management and other support services that enable frail older adults to live independently.
- Jewish Family Service of Western Massachusetts – Our services include Jewish Life, elder care, behavioral health, citizenship and immigration services, and New American Program.
- Friendship House – The Daniel B. Sobel Friendship House provides support and guidance to individuals and families struggling with isolation and other life crises, such as addiction, through a welcoming Jewish recovery community that offers friendship, support, and a variety of programs that facilitate lasting success.
- Jamie Daniel’s Foundation – The Jamie Daniels Foundation provides education, resources, guidance, and support to people battling drug addiction so that lives can be saved and healing can be created within families.
- Jewish Family Service Ann Arbor – Our employees are well-trained professionals dedicated to excellence. Our staff, board and volunteers reach out to families, youth, older adults, disabled individuals, and refugees to offer the latest and most innovative strategies. The JFS environment reflects a deeply held belief that the dignity and needs of each individual are the primary motivation for all we do.
- Jewish Family Service of Metro Detroit – Through the efforts of our highly skilled and dedicated staff, the hundreds of volunteers who help out in countless ways, and the leadership of our Board of Directors, JFS is able to provide compassionate, personalized services that help thousands in our community each year. Our services uniquely tailored to the specific needs of each individual or family, and center around three core areas: services for older adults, mental health and wellness, and safety net services.
- Jewish Family Services West Bloomfield – Jewish Family Service provides social work and mental health services to adults, children and families. Specialty area include families in crisis and/or transition, depression and anxiety disorders, psychiatric services (including psychiatric evaluations and medication reviews), geriatric issues, trauma, grief and loss, addiction recovery services and domestic abuse. Jewish Family Service also provides support services for older adults, including assessments/evaluations, case management and elder care planning.
- We Need To Talk (WN2T) – WN2T is aimed at raising awareness, reducing stigma and changing the community conversation around youth mental illness.
- Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis – We are proud to say that for more than a century, JFCS has provided programs, services, and support for thousands in the Jewish and broader communities. We provide senior services, career services, children and family services, community engagement, and counseling and mental health support.
- Jewish Family Service of St. Paul – For more than a century, Jewish Family Service of St. Paul has supported the community with spiritual comfort, an array of human services to help people age in place, support for caregivers, address mental health issues, avert crisis and steady their lives.
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City (Brookside Location) -JFS provides a breadth of programs and services, with the goal of helping people in difficult times get back on their own feet. Programs include counseling and mental health services, emergency financial assistance, older adult programs, and employment services.
- Jewish Family Services St. Louis – Through a comprehensive range of services, JFS helps seniors remain independent and connected to the community, reduces hunger, and empowers children to thrive. JFS serves people in need, inclusive of all ages, races, religions, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and abilities. Each year, JFS supports the emotional and physical well-being of more than 50,000 children, families, and seniors in the St. Louis community.
- Jewish Family Service of Omaha – With the best professional and licensed staff, JFS is wholly focused on providing the services individuals, couples and families require when facing challenges in their lives. Financial assistance, counseling, Project Tzedakah, Project Dreidel and family life education; these are among the ways that JFS restores dignity, hope and meaning when it seems like life’s struggles appear insurmountable.
- Jewish Family Service Agency (Las Vegas) – For over 40 years, the Jewish Family Service Agency has provided a variety of much-needed services to meet the changing and emerging challenges in the Southern Nevada community, including counseling, senior services, emergency assistance, a food pantry, and an adoption program
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services of Monmouth County – Currently closed due to COVID-19. JFCS has many trained counselors that aim to help you in your area of need. Our services include Anger Management, Substance Abuse, Adult Mental Health, and more.
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services of Northern New Jersey – JFCS has a network of social services addressing life’s challenges. JFCS provides services that include information and referral, clinical services, employment services, senior care, afterschool programs, aid and advocacy and emergency financial assistance.
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Southern New Jersey – Currently closed. Samost Jewish Family & Children’s Service (JFCS) is the premier social services agency in the Southern NJ community. JFCS sets the standard of excellence in care and programming and delivers both with an unparalleled level of compassion and respect, restoring hope and dignity.
- Jewish Family Service of Atlantic & Cape May Counties – With dozens of program areas, JFS specializes in counseling, mental health services, homeless programs, vocational services, adult and older adult services and also hosts an on-site food pantry.
- Jewish Family Service of Central NJ – Jewish Family Service of Central New Jersey (JFS) provides skilled and compassionate vital human services to children, adults and families. With offices in Elizabeth and Mountainside, JFS works to strengthen family life and encourage personal growth by providing quality social and health services to individuals and families in need.
- Jewish Family Service Clifton – Currently closed due to COVID-19. Jewish Family Service and Children’s Center of Clifton-Passaic supports and strengthens the lives of families and individuals and insures that children have access to high quality, affordable mental health services.
- Jewish Family Service of MetroWest New Jersey – JFS is the MetroWest community’s premier mental health and social service agency providing comprehensive behavioral healthcare and related social services to over 6,000 members of the Jewish and general communities in Essex, Morris, Sussex, and North Union counties.
- Jewish Family Service of Middlesex – Jewish Family Services is committed to helping individuals and families realize a fulfilling life experience at home, in the workplace, and in the community by providing effective social services, counseling, and advocacy through responsive, innovative programs.
- Jewish Family Service of Somerset, Hunterdon, and Warren Counties – Currently closed. Jewish Family Service employs professional, licensed social workers in its counseling program. They provide individual, couples, child, family and group therapy. Some of the issues addressed include depression, anxiety, marital issues, parent/child issues, coping with divorce, loss and grief, aging and various other types of problems related to life’s transitions.
- Project Ometz – A project of Congregation Bnai Yeshurun in Teaneck, NJ aims to create a community wide initiative to help these families.
- RELIEF NY/NJ- Relief provides referrals for callers seeking an appropriate mental health clinician for themselves or a loved one.
- Shalvah at SOBA College Recovery – Shalvah focuses on the needs of Orthodox clients which are specifically addressed and integrated into the treatment program with countless therapists, social workers, and support staff who work round the clock to care for clients during this critical stage.
- Amudim – Amudim is dedicated to serving community members in times of crisis. Founded on the pillars of kindness, compassion, and dignity, Amudim functions as a confidential resource center providing direct support and facilitation of referrals to individuals and families impacted by abuse, neglect, homelessness, addiction or burial coordination needs. Amudim ensures access to meaningful assistance and support and prevents the spread of crisis by raising awareness and implementing community-based educational programs.
- The Jewish Board – Through our community residential programs, day treatment programs, and outpatient counseling services, we help develop personalized recovery plans that will help your ability to live a healthy, independent, and satisfying life.
- Jewish Family Service Buffalo – We have a wide range of programs, including counseling, career services, parenting support, specialized services for refugees and immigrants, and much more.
- Jewish Family Services Northeastern NY – Founded in 1854, Jewish Family Services provides a continuum of support services throughout the community for children, teens, adults, families and seniors. Our experienced staff provides counseling, home visits, case management, and long-term care planning for seniors. We foster independence for Jewish seniors by providing private transportation throughout the Capital Region and provide a range of health, wellness, and supportive services for older adults and their families in the JFS Albany NNORC (Neighborhood Naturally Occurring Retirement Community) and beyond.
- Jewish Family Service of Orange County – Our Friendly Visitor Program provides meaningful services to neighbors in the community who are seniors or people with disabilities, these services include and are not limited to: rides to appointments or events, shopping, friendly home visits or other types of personalized services.
- Jewish Family Service of Rochester – Jewish Family Service of Rochester (JFS) strengthens all individuals, families and communities by providing comprehensive social services that are built upon the time honored Jewish traditions of dignity, kindness, and tikkun olam, improving the world.
- Jewish Family Service Ulster County – JFS provides in-home social work services for older adults, of all faiths, in the community who could not otherwise access more traditional office-based mental health services.
- The Living Room in Brooklyn – The Living Room (TLR) is a program serving young adults, aged 18-35, who are part of a recovery community. Based in Brooklyn, NY, the mission of TLR is to encourage and support young people in their recovery process. TLR works to strengthen and support the therapeutic and spiritual growth of young people in recovery.
- Madraigos – With great sensitivity and professionalism, our staff focuses on the emotional health and spiritual well-being of every member growing up in a world that presents new challenges daily.
- Mothers and Fathers Aligned Saving Kids (MASK) – Mask’s mission is to ensure that all parents/caregivers in the Jewish community receive the resources necessary to help raise emotionally healthy families.
- OHEL – OHEL provides comprehensive mental health services to those facing acute mental illness and everyday individuals and families confronted by everyday emotional challenges.
- RELIEF NY/NJ- Relief provides referrals for callers seeking an appropriate mental health clinician for themselves or a loved one.
- Rockland Jewish Family Service (RJFS) – Offering help for all who need it in Rockland County regardless of religion or affiliation. We provide mental health counseling, social skills development for teens and children, emergency and supplemental food, and help for older adults and their families facing a range of hurdles.
- T’Shuvah Center – T’Shuvah Center’s mission is to provide addicts of all kinds with the opportunity to build a community for recovery using a model that integrates Jewish wisdom, text, and ritual; psychotherapy; the 12-Steps; and spirituality.
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Charlotte – JFS is committed to preserving, strengthening, and enhancing the quality of life for Jewish individuals and families. In response to those in need, Jewish Family Services provides a continuum of professional services in a supportive and confidential environment. Members of the community in crises or struggling under the pressure of normal life transitions receive private, professional and caring attention.
- Jewish Family Services of Greensboro – Jewish Family Services, a constituent agency of the Greensboro Jewish Federation, supports and empowers individuals and families in the Jewish community by providing a range of supportive and mental health services to assist all of its members to meet life’s challenges.
- Jewish Family Services of Western North Carolina – Jewish Family Services of WNC enriches the lives of our clients by providing a broad array of clinical and social support services to adults of all faiths, with special emphasis on the needs of older adults.
- Raleigh-Cary Jewish Family Services – Guided by the wisdom and values of Jewish Tradition, Raleigh-Cary Jewish Family Services offers compassionate and affordable social services and programs to empower families and individuals of all ages to maximize the quality of their lives and reach their full potential with dignity, hope, and strength.
- Jewish Family Service of Akron – JFS enhances the mental, emotional and social well being of individuals ages 45 and older and their families through Counseling, Care Management and Education consistent with Jewish values, however, JFS serves both the Jewish and non-Jewish community.
- Jewish Family Service Association of Cleveland – Services include disability services, mental illness services, home care, youth empowerment, Alzheimer’s care, and more.
- Jewish Family Service of Cincinnati – Jewish Family Service of Cincinnati strengthens lives in our community by providing professional social services to families and individuals in times of need.
- Jewish Family Services of Columbus – Founded in 1908, Jewish Family Services is a community based organization whose mission is to strengthen individuals, families and the community. We are an organization rooted in a rich history of Jewish values. We help individuals of all races, ethnicities, and religions in the two most important aspects of their lives: family and work. Through a unique combination of mental health and workforce development services, we help people and families become stronger.
- Jewish Family Services Dayton – JFS exists as a Jewish response to those who feel grief, isolation, overwhelmed, frustrated, heart-ache, lost, alone, or confused. We respond to the needs of the community with kindness, compassion, respect, and expertise. JFS meets people where they are, both emotionally and physically, bringing our services wherever they are needed, including into the community and into people’s homes.
- Jewish Family & Child’s Service Portland – Jewish Family & Child Service (JFCS) provides social services that improve the lives of adults, families, and children in the Jewish and general communities.
- Jewish Family Service Lane County – We work to promote strong, healthy individuals, families, and the Jewish community as a whole, by offering multiple services including: information and referral, support, advocacy, caring assistance and financial aid.
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Greater Philadelphia – Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Greater Philadelphia has a unique and vital mission: to strengthen families and individuals across generations and cultures to achieve stability, independence and community.
- Jewish Family & Community Services Pittsburgh – All of us will experience life’s changes and challenges. We grow up. We navigate the complexity of adolescence. We may marry and build families of our own. We may struggle with relationship issues or parenting challenges. We watch our loved ones age. We age. We experience loss. Through it all, JFCS is here to help.
- Jewish Family Service of Greater Harrisburg – Services include senior care, adoption services, Myndworks Counseling, foster care services, and emergency financial assistance and case management.
- Jewish Family Service of Northeastern Pennsylvania – Through professional counseling, advocacy and educational programming, our services seek to enhance and strengthen the quality of individual, family and community life.
- Jewish Collaborative Services (JCS) in Providence – The Counseling Center at JCS Procidence offers hope and help to anyone facing life challenges. We provide counseling for children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. If you are struggling with emotional issues, the Counseling Center can provide support and guidance to help you achieve your goals.
- Jewish Family Service of Columbia – Services include food pantry, emergency financial assistance, individual and family counseling and support, senior programs, bereavement support, community mitzvah day, and more.
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Charleston – Services include mental health counseling, a Kosher food pantry, case management, senior outreach, Jewish Education Loan Fund (JELF), Jewish Free Loans of Charleston (JFLC), emergency financial assistance, and Shalom Baby.
- Jewish Family Services of Knoxville – A program of the Knoxville Jewish Alliance, is a vital service dedicated to promoting, strengthening, and preserving individual, family, and community well-being in a manner consistent with Jewish philosophy and values.
- Jewish Family Services of Nashville – Jewish Family Service of Nashville and Middle Tennessee, Inc. is an independent 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide professional social services from Jewish perspectives which respond to and support individuals and families through life’s transitions.
- Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas – Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas is a nonsectarian mental health and social services agency that impacts over 13,000 lives a year. For 70 years, JFS has welcomed anyone through our doors regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or the ability to pay.
- Jewish Family Service Houston – Our professionals provide Behavioral & Mental Health Services, Coaching & Case Management Services, Disability Services, Employment Services and Chaplaincy Services. We invite you to reach out to begin the next stage of your journey. Greater strength and stability are within reach.
- Jewish Family Service of San Antonio – JFS has been providing affordable mental health counseling, group therapy, case management, and senior services to the greater San Antonio community and beyond since 1973.
- Shalom Austin Jewish Family Service – JFS provides a wide array of mental health and support services to the Jewish community and to the wider Austin community, including counseling and psychotherapy, support groups, case management, emergency financial assistance, and community consultation and education programs. JFS also provides consultation related to the inclusion of people with disabilities in services and programs in the Austin Jewish community.
- Jewish Family Service of Utah – Jewish Family Service is a nonprofit social service organization that supports people of all faiths as they navigate through life’s challenges – illness, aging, financial uncertainty, mental health concerns, family problems, or personal issues. We strengthen individuals and families of all backgrounds through counseling, advocacy, care management, and community education.
- Jewish Family Services Richmond – Our services include counseling, adoption, home care, and more.
- Jewish Family Service of Tidewater – Jewish Family Service is a premier social service agency, helping families and individuals through life’s transitions since 1946. Our commitment to preserving the well-being of every person, regardless of race, religion, or financial circumstance is upheld by committed and caring staff members, volunteers, and Board of Directors.
- Counseling & Addiction Services at JFS Seattle – Counseling & Addiction Services focuses on recovery and healing for people with mental health concerns, physical or social stressors, addiction, and past or current trauma. Through individual and/or group therapy, counselors help to address mental health symptoms, build skills around managing emotions and develop pathways toward resiliency. We assist members of the Jewish community, as well as people in the general community impacted by trauma, poverty and disability.
- Jewish Family Service Seattle – We help people achieve well-being, health, and stability through counseling and addiction services, emergency services, older adult services, refugee and immigrant services, and more.
- Jconnect – A program of everything Jewish in Greater Washington through the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington.
- Jewish Family Services Milwaukee – JFS offers a wide range of mental health and counseling services, social services, case management programs and safe and affordable housing to nearly 2,500 individuals annually. We serve adults, children, seniors, individuals with disabilities, chronic mental health problems and substance use disorders and families with low household incomes.
- Get Help Israel – Immigrants to Israel are often faced with a serious problem when searching for mental health help. Although they may be fluent in Hebrew, when it comes to sensitive issues, they prefer to communicate in English.
- United Kingdom
- JAMI – the specialist provider of mental health services in the Jewish community. They provide practical and emotional support for everyone affected by a mental health problem, the person with the diagnosis, friend, relative or employer.
- INMI – Interfaith Network on Mental Illness – We are an interfaith organization, meaning we represent and welcome participation from all faith traditions, and we affirm that spirituality is an important component of recovery from mental illness.
- NEFESH-International – NEFESH-International is an interdisciplinary organization of Orthodox Jewish mental health professionals providing leadership and interdisciplinary education in the field of personal, family, and community mental health. Our diverse members are Torah-observant psychologists, social workers, psychiatrists, marriage and family therapists, professional counselors, psychiatric nurses, chemical dependency counselors, psychotherapists, guidance and pastoral counselors, and graduate students. Affiliates include Orthodox Rabbis, Jewish educators, attorneys, and allied professionals.
- OKclarity – Directory of Jewish therapists.
Jewish Teen Resources
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – @ProjectHereNow
Download the HereNow app in the app store for additional support.
A teen-led online and in-person initiative promoting mental health, well-being, and resilience through innovative content and creativity.
Provides services in the areas of policy development, consultation, and support, and training and education.
Jewish Teens Thrive
An initiative providing wellness resources for teens, jewish professionals and parents. Find resources for building resilience, healthy relationships and more.
A Facebook community centered on bringing awareness and support to depression and suicide.
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – @KeshetGLBTJews
Works for the full equality of all LGBTQ Jews and their families in Jewish life. The group creates spaces in which all queer Jewish youths feel seen and valued in addition to other work outside of teens.
Hotline number: 724.374. 3501
Facebook – @EshelJews
Instagram and Twitter – @EshelOnline
Nonprofit organization that focuses on creating community and acceptance for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Jews and their families in Orthodox communities.
Instagram – @Links_ShlomiesClub
Supports children and teens who have lost one or both parents by connecting them with peers and mentors who have been through the same experience. Programs include a yearly Shabbaton, a 24-hour hotline, targeted publications for each division, Yom Tov programs, mentoring, trips, and more. A project of Mishkan Yecheskel, Links provides additional support beyond these programs.
Confidential Hotline: 718.337.3700
Toll Free 888.883.2323
Facebook – @ShalomTaskForceSTF
Twitter – @shalomtask
Works to combat and prevent domestic violence and foster healthy and safe relationships and families. Focusing on the Jewish community, Shalom Task Force (STF) works to help those who might not have access to traditional services and who need culturally sensitive programming.
STF believes everyone has the right to be safe in their relationships and their family.
General Teen Resources
Crisis Text Line
Text HOME to 741741
Provides access to free, round-the-clock support and information via a medium people already use and trust: text.
NEDA – National Eating Disorders Association
Supports individuals and families affected by eating disorders and serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures, and access to quality care.
A safe, moderated online community where teens and young adults struggling with mental health conditions can find a safe place to talk about what they’re experiencing by sharing their personal stories of recovery, tragedy, struggle, or hope.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline
A free, 24-hour confidential service for survivors, victims, and those affected by domestic violence,
intimate partner violence, and relationship abuse.
The Trevor Project
The leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) people under 25.
The agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation and to improve the lives of individuals living with mental and substance use disorders, and their families. SAMHSA has a Behavioral Health Treatment Locator on its website that can be searched by location: https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov