Thank you for your interest in sharing your very personal and important story. The Blue Dove Foundation believes by sharing personal stories, we will show individuals they are not alone and to begin to eliminate the shame and stigma many feel when it comes to mental health and/or substance abuse. We have found that hearing personal stories of struggles and loss directly from those experiencing them rather than from professionals recounting them makes a stronger impact and helps foster new perspectives, personal connections, ideas, and hope.
Sharing a personal story about your experience with mental health and/or substance abuse can help in your own recovery as well as provide encouragement and support to others with similar experiences. Telling your story can take several forms:
- Blog post
- Inspirational quotes
- Song lyrics
The Blue Dove Foundation will use several different avenues to share your story. You may see it printed in our #QuietingTheSilence book, posted on our website or on our Facebook or Instagram pages for our virtual communities to see.
- 1,500 words recommendation.
- It is your choice to include actual names and locations. Feel free to replace names, locations and details that can make it easy to identify those in your story.
- The story can include a Jewish connection, or not, that is up to you.
- Include a title.
- Include a short bio. Click for example.
Stuck Getting Started? Here are some prompts to consider.
- What has helped? What hasn’t?
- Who has impacted you?
- What has been most discouraging about your condition?
- What has given you hope?
- What have you lost? What have you gained?
- How was your Jewish faith been a part of your treatment/recovery?
Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Ready to Submit?
Complete this short form.