Be sure to take some time each day to clear your mind and just breathe. It could be first thing in the morning or before bed. Sunday is a great day to take some extra time for yourself.
Try Four Square or Box Breathing. Make sure that you’re seated upright preferably in a quiet place where you can focus. You should be sitting up straight so you can take deep breaths. Read all about how to do it on our website. Link in bio.
When you’re ready:
- Exhale all the oxygen out of your lungs.
- Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose to the count of four.
- Hold your breath as you slow count to four.
- Exhale through your mouth for the same slow count of four.
- Hold your breath for the same slow count of four before repeating this process.
You can visualize drawing a square for each step.
Box breathing can reduce stress and improve your mood. That makes it an exceptional treatment for conditions such as generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and depression.
Adapted from www.healthline.com; find more information there.