RELIGION, SPIRITUALITY AND HEALING
A Multi-Faith Panel Discussion on Understanding Patients’ Spiritual Needs and Integrating Spiritual Care into Medical Practice
Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Please click on this link to Register HERE.
Moderators: Steven Mandel, MD Clinical Professor of Neurology, Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
Jill Baron, MD Board Certified Family Physician, Integrative Medicine and Functional Medicine in New York City and the author of recently published book, “Don’t Mess with Stress!™”, Visting Attending, the Mount Sinai Hospital; Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, SUNY at Stony Brook.
· Rabbi Rachel Ain – Sutton Place Synagogue, New York City
· Rev. Antonio Almonte – Chaplain, Northwell Lenox Hill Hospital
· Sensei Chodo Robert Campbell – Co-Founder, New York Zen Center for Contemplative Care
· Imam Yusuf Hasan – Chaplain, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
· Dr. Rushil Patel – Hematology/oncology fellow at the Atrium Health Levine Cancer Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina (orientation Hindu)
Join us to explore and learn about:
· How spirituality benefits the doctor-patient relationship
· When and how to take a spiritual history
· Spirituality—another form of self-care
· Spirituality and burnout
· The relationship between religion, spirituality and science
· How physicians and patients deal with loss
· How faith leaders help physicians and patients deal with loss
We hope you will join us for a most informative and engaging experience!