These are some of the local Jewish resources focusing on Mental Health and Substance Abuse available in different cities across the country. If you are aware of others in your city, please reach out to The Blue Dove Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be added to the list.
www.ourjewishrecovery.com – COMING SOON
- Bay Area Jewish Healing Center – The Bay Area Jewish Healing Center provides spiritual care and support services to anyone who in need, regardless of affiliation or financial resources.
- Beit T’Shuvah – Beit T’Shuvah is a residential addiction treatment center that saves lives through a comprehensive program of Jewish spirituality, psychotherapy, and the 12-Steps in a caring, community setting.
- Chabad Treatment Center – Since opening in 1972, Chabad Residential Treatment Center has successfully treated thousands of suffering from substance abuse and Dual-diagnosis issues.
- Bamidbar – BaMidbar Wilderness Therapy guides Jewish young adults on individualized journeys of self-discovery and healing. Through nature-based therapy, BaMidbar is a stepping stone to independent, healthy, adulthood.
- AgeWell Atlanta – AgeWell Atlanta is a collaborative partnership created to help older adults and caregivers navigate the aging process. We provide: guidance, information and referrals, support for older adults who wish to age-in-place and coordinated programs and services for a wide spectrum of ages and abilities. AgeWell Atlanta serves all people in our community regardless of their faith, race, or nationality.
- About Metro Atlanta Community Mikvah – The mission of the Metro Atlanta Community Mikvah (MACoM) is to provide a safe, sensitive, welcoming, halachic and aesthetically beautiful environment for Jewish ritual immersion and conversion, allowing for ongoing fulfillment of spirituality, Torah awareness, healing and wellness. MACoM has several Mikvah immersions including ceremonies for recovery, healing and gratitude.
- The Berman Center – The Berman Center is a local, hands-on Atlanta intensive outpatient treatment center focusing on mental health, addiction and teens. We have traditional group and individual treatment sessions, and we also offer yoga classes, personal training, and a variety of creative-expression classes that can act as powerful supplements to your personalized treatment program.
- CHIP Georgia – Resources provided by a Georgia Coalition in which public, private and non-profit agencies, and faith communities work collaboratively to assure that every person, family, and community in Georgia have meaningful access to the full range of information and services related to mental and addictive illness.
- Derech Transitional Living – Derech Transitional Living provides a supportive living environment for Jewish men and women ages 21-35 who are on a committed path to recovery as they continue on their journey through treatment and adopting a sober lifestyle.
- HAMSA Helps (a program of JF&CS Atlanta) – HAMSA (Helping Atlantans Manage Substance Abuse) provides support, resources, and strategies for those seeking help and in recovery. We are working hard to dispel myths about addiction and eliminate the shame so often felt by those struggling with addiction and their families. Through a Jewish lens, HAMSA offers information and referral services, Narcan education and supply, sober holiday celebrations and gatherings, Jewish Sensitivity Training for treatment providers and expert clinical support. Call us today. 1-833-HAMSA-HELPS.
- Jeff’s Place – In everlasting memory of Jeff/Moshe Krausa, Jeff’s place offers individuals a place to connect, recharge and create community. This gathering space and cafe in downtown Atlanta hosts different Jewish recovery meetings weekly. Programs focused on the recovery community will utilize Jeff’s Place to meet and cultivate relationships with each other and cultivate their connection to their higher power. Jeff’s Place will nurture the key ingredients for recovery and will surely be a resource and a literal life-saving space. Individuals are invited to stop in for a lunch break complete with Kosher food from the Café and an unbeatable view of Atlanta’s skyline and BeltLine.
- JF&CS Chicago – The goal of JCFS Chicago’s addiction services is to ensure that Jewish individuals and their families who are impacted by addiction find support within the Jewish community and receive education on treatment resources. We address specific needs of Chicago’s Jewish community and reflect best practices in the addiction prevention and treatment fields.
- Maggie’s Place – Maggie’s Place is a wellness center at Mishkan Chicago dedicated to building community through a holistic approach to wellness – social, spiritual, mental and emotional – through learning, leadership opportunities, social community, and access to social services and resources.
- No Shame On U – No Shame on U is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to eliminating the stigma associated with mental health conditions and raising awareness in the Jewish community and beyond. Our goal is for the people who need help to seek it, for family members and friends to know how to provide proper support and to save lives.
- Friendship House – The Daniel B. Sobel Friendship House provides support and guidance to individuals and families struggling with isolation and other life crises, such as addiction, through a welcoming Jewish recovery community that offers friendship, support, and a variety of programs that facilitate lasting success.
- Jamie Daniel’s Foundation – The Jamie Daniels Foundation provides education, resources, guidance, and support to people battling drug addiction so that lives can be saved and healing can be created within families.
- We Need To Talk (WN2T) – WN2T is aimed at raising awareness, reducing stigma and changing the community conversation around youth mental illness.
- Shalvah at SOBA College Recovery – Shalvah focuses on the needs of Orthodox clients which are specifically addressed and integrated into the treatment program with countless therapists, social workers, and support staff who work round the clock to care for clients during this critical stage.
- Amudim – Amudim is dedicated to serving community members in times of crisis. Founded on the pillars of kindness, compassion and dignity, Amudim functions as a confidential resource center providing direct support and facilitation of referrals to individuals and families impacted by abuse, neglect, homelessness, addiction or burial coordination needs. Amudim ensures access to meaningful assistance and support and prevents the spread of crisis by raising awareness and implementing community based educational programs.
- The Jewish Board – Through our community residential programs, day treatment programs, and outpatient counseling services, we help develop personalized recovery plans that will help your ability to live a healthy, independent, and satisfying life.
- Jconnect – A program of everything Jewish in Greater Washington through the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington