These are some of the local Jewish resources focusing on Mental Health and Substance Abuse available in cities. If you are aware of others in your city, please reach out to The Blue Dove Foundation at email@example.com so they can be added to the list.
- The Berman Center – The Berman Center is a local, hands-on Atlanta treatment center focusing on mental health, addiction and teens. We have traditional group and individual treatment sessions, and we also offer yoga classes, personal training, and a variety of creative-expression classes that can act as powerful supplements to your personalized treatment program.
- HAMSA – HAMSA (Helping Atlantans Manage Substance Abuse) provides support, resources, and strategies for those seeking help and in recovery. We are working hard to dispel myths about addiction and eliminate the shame so often felt by those struggling with addiction and their families. Through a Jewish lens, HAMSA offers information and referral services, Narcan education and supply, sober holiday celebrations and gatherings, Jewish Sensitivity Training for treatment providers and expert clinical support. Call us today. 1-833-HAMSA-HELPS.
- Jeff’s Place – In everlasting memory of Jeff/Moshe Krausa, Jeff’s place offers individuals a place to connect, recharge and create community. This gathering space and cafe in downtown Atlanta hosts different Jewish recovery meetings weekly. Programs focused on the recovery community will utilize Jeff’s Place to meet and cultivate relationships with each other and cultivate their connection to their higher power. Jeff’s Place will nurture the key ingredients for recovery and will surely be a resource and a literal life-saving space. Individuals are invited to stop in for a lunch break complete with Kosher food from the Café and an unbeatable view of Atlanta’s skyline and BeltLine.
- Bay Area Jewish Healing Center – The Bay Area Jewish Healing Center provides spiritual care and support services to anyone who in need, regardless of affiliation or financial resources.
- Beit T’Shuvah – Beit T’Shuvah is a residential addiction treatment center that saves lives through a comprehensive program of Jewish spirituality, psychotherapy, and the 12-Steps in a caring, community setting.
- Maggie’s Place – Maggie’s Place is a center at Mishkan Chicago dedicated to building community through a holistic approach to wellness– social, spiritual, mental and emotional– through Jewish learning, leadership opportunities, social community, and access to social services and resources.
- No Shame On U – No Shame on U is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to eliminating the stigma associated with mental health conditions and raising awareness in the Jewish community and beyond. Our goal is for the people who need help to seek it, for family members and friends to know how to provide proper support and to save lives.
- Amudim – Amudim is dedicated to serving community members in times of crisis. Founded on the pillars of kindness, compassion and dignity, Amudim functions as a confidential resource center providing direct support and facilitation of referrals to individuals and families impacted by abuse, neglect, homelessness, addiction or burial coordination needs. Amudim ensures access to meaningful assistance and support and prevents the spread of crisis by raising awareness and implementing community based educational programs.